A decision support solution for health systems that want to leverage MEDHOST to develop an enterprise-wide standard of care for advanced imaging and comply with the Protecting Access to Medicare Act.
MEDHOST Supported – Market Validated
CareSelect Imaging is the MEDHOST Supported Solution for Imaging Decision Support
CareSelect Imaging integrates directly with MEDHOST to deliver AUC into the EHR – allowing you to stay up to date with the latest advisories and localize criteria as needed. For each imaging order placed, MEDHOST makes a web service request to an external CareSelect system. This consultation evaluates compliance with the applicable AUC and returns the information to MEDHOST to be displayed to the ordering user. CareSelect embeds all required data elements to enable a payable claim within MEDHOST.
Reduce Care Variation and Improve Order Appropriateness
Establish a standard of care for the ordering of advanced imaging across the enterprise.
Reduce low-utility ordering and increase diagnostic efficiencies by up to 50%.
Promote imaging appropriateness and align with imaging quality and safety programs.
Deliver guidance at the point of order to maximize the impact of decision support interventions.
Automate burdensome prior-authorization workflows and leverage consultation data to achieve "Gold Card" status.
Enable compliance with the Protecting Access to Medicare Act and other quality programs.
Inform Care Decisions with the Latest Advances in Clinical Research
Driven by comprehensive & relevant criteria sets
- CareSelect Imaging leverages criteria authored and updated by leading medical specialty societies including the American College of Radiology’s Appropriateness Criteria® (ACRselect).
- Specialty-specific criteria enables precision ordering for cardiology, oncology, and nuclear medicine.
- Robust pediatric criteria minimizes pediatric radiation exposure and improves outcomes.
Integrated into your existing EHR ordering workflow
- Because decision support interventions are performed in real-time, care decisions are informed by the latest standards in care.
- With streamlined ordering workflows, clicks are minimized to reduce impact on providers.
Fully Qualified Clinical Decision Support Mechanism
- CareSelect Imaging is fully qualified by CMS for use under the AUC consultation requirement of the Protecting Access to Medicare Act (PAMA).
- Comprehensive coverage of the Priority Clinical Areas (PCAs) minimize provider risk of “Outlier” status.
- Eligible for use under the Medicare Incentive Payment System (MIPS) as a high-weight improvement activity.